Did you see the article about the number of bloggers being arrested around the world for criticism of governments and exposing human rights abuses. My immediate response was this: “Try me, I’ll make you famous!”. And before you start worrying Steve – Steve sent me a link a while ago to a story about a student that was suspended from school for something she posted on her blog – don’t. At least not yet..
Anyway, let’s get this show on the road, that’s right folks it’s brain dump time:
- David Davis. Complete ignoramus or political genius? Can you believe that there is an MP who actually wants to represent his constituency based on his beliefs! No more whipped (excuse the pun) MPs voting with their party?!? I bet he’s got everyone in the House of Commons bricking it that the game is up and they might have to start representing us properly.
- Neil, thanks for your enquiry about converting video files for use on an iPod. I took it as a challenge and have now managed to copy an entire film to my iPod Touch, I won’t name the film, but let’s just say it took 1.21 gigawatts of power to re-encode it.
- Jehovah’s Witness given blood against will. A Jehovah’s Witness was taken to hospital and given a blood transfusion (strictly against their beliefs), despite carrying all the required paperwork to say that he did not wish to receive such treatment and excusing the people treating him from any obligation/responsibility. As much as I find the beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses to be intangible, this is simply unacceptable. However, I would also add that I find it ridiculous that I now have to be a registered “keeper”, just to avoid having my organs harvested in the event of my death. Surely I should have to opt in rather than out?
- I may have a website to design for a professional company, more details soon.
- I have ditched Eclipse at home and am now using TextMate for my Java development. The built in support for ant is excellent, I wish I could use TextMate for all my development!
I’m out like a trout!
When someone starts a sentence with “I just want to see if this command works on your machine, so su to root and run…”. Don’t do it. Andy, your apology has been accepted (now that Vince has recovered my machine).
Ah, it reminds me of the time when a colleague said “Well, can’t we just edit the registry and change that one to a zero, I mean how much damage can it do?”. Answer: the machine needed a complete reinstall.